Friday, September 11, 2009

I wish it wasn't raining

Because otherwise I would put our flag out. It's hard to believe it's 8 years later.

The thing I remember most is how we kept the TV on 24 hours a day for the rest of the week. We slept, uneasily, with the TV on. This sticks with me I think because of now having children. You would never want to subject your kids to those images, over and over and over again. I'm a news junkie, but there are days the news does not go on - at nearly 4, she picks up too much already. And there are some things she doesn't need to know yet.

Maybe it will clear up. And when it does, this liberal will show her patriotism by unfurling the flag on our front porch. And remember.

1 comment:

JW Moxie said...

The twins were just shy of three months old when it happened. What I remember most was staring down at them while TV showed reply after replay of the planes hitting and the towers falling, all while the burning, smoking mess of the crumpled towers were in the midst of the growing, but mostly futile rescue efforts. Looking down at my little ones, I felt guilt as I wondered what kind of world I'd brought them into.