Friday, December 5, 2008

Antigone's baby shower!



Happy baby shower day, Antigone and Perseus and Sothis!

Hosted by Yummy Sushi Pajamas. (how the frig do you get the jpeg to LINK to a website?????)

I type this with a squalling infant on my lap, one hand holding my sore boob to ensure good nursing, the other hand slowly picking at the computer on the TV tray set up next to my glider chair. I've not had more than 2 hours of sleep at a stretch for the past week and a half. My boobs hurt. I've only showered twice since the birth. I have a weird rash on my back. Baby has a goopy eye, which the doctors assure me will clean up by the time he's two. Other stuff I have to blog about. I stepped on the scale the other day and after having a nearly ten pound baby, scale showed I had lost a whopping 8 pounds. WTF? How is that even possible? Well, probably water retention as my legs have swollen. My scar hurts.

And this - some form or fashion of this, your own version of this - will be you in just a few short weeks.

And I couldn't be happier for you. Because? While it sounds, um, not pleasant all typed out, and there's nothing that can prepare you for the reality, the truth is there's nothing that can prepare you for the love. For the joy. For the best.

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to read and hear all about it.

2 comments:

Antigone said...

Thank you but you're definitely scaring me.

missing_one said...

LOL. but it's sooooo worth it!!!