So this meme has been floating around a while. Clever Niobe, Meg, and Tash have all done it. I was going to be all fancy and have pictures and youtube and whatnot, but then decided I just needed to post it, for gosh sake, since I wrote this weeks ago.
I have another meme I have got to do - as soon as I think of a cool-ish thing I could give away. But since I am in possession of original Niobe photos, the guilt I haven't done my part is growing.
Anyway, here are 10 things I don't get. In no particular order.
1. People who insist on driving in the left lane. All. The. Time. MOVE! OVER!
2. Frying potatoes is a high form of gastronomic art, where it be frites or hashbrowns slung at the local diner. Tatertots? Not so much.
4. Electricity – I don’t get energy making at all. Stored energy, potential energy, the whole thing. Come the apocalypse, should I survive, I’d have nothing to offer in rebuilding society.
5. Waxing – we’re concerned about pedophilia in this country, and we wax off any hair the makes us look like adults, not pre-pubescents? And now men are waxing? Are you kidding me? (full disclosure – I like smooth legs a lot. Leg shaving is a must. Call me a hypocrite. And I trim, don’t get me wrong. And tidying up the legs, ok. It’s the bare/landing strip look I don’t get.)
6. People who don’t believe in evolution. Look, I don’t get electricity, but clearly it works. Same thing. And Sherri Sheppard? Don’t get me started. Yes, I know she clarified the next day, but she’s still an idiot.
7. People who mix up it’s and its. I’m sorry if I offend, but it’s not hard. If in doubt, simply read the sentence replacing it’s with it is. If ‘it is’ makes sense, it’s it’s. If ‘it is’ does not make sense, it’s its (this is far simpler than it appears in type). The same applies to your and you’re. There are many confusing rules in English grammar. This is not one of them.
8. Why The Amazing Race always wins the Emmy for best reality show, over say, Project Runway. Admittedly, I’ve never watched The Amazing Race, but Project Runway! The drama! The pressure! The tears! Tim Gunn! Heidi! Auf Wiedersehen! Genius.
9. The evolutionary benefits of teething. Why does it take two years? And cause such misery and exhaustion?
3 days ago